Mobile application development has achieved a new high with many new mobile applications coming up on a daily basis. Once the developers are clear about the concept in their mind; most applications do not take time to develop. Google’s Android is one of the most popular platforms for mobile application development. It provides an all-inclusive package which includes a specialized operating system along with a middleware and several applications. Android applications are written in Java language. Java programming language is very popular amongst Java developers. The specialty of this language is, Java programmers can write the programming language on one platform and run the codes on other platform virtually. Let us now see the basics of developing quality Android applications using Java Programming:
- Things that you may need: The first and the foremost thing is to have the basic knowledge of Java. There are no specialized hardware needed and the software is readily available. The mandatory requirements for developing Android applications using Java programming include:
· A computer with Windows XP/Vista/7 or Linux or Mac operating system
· A minimum of 1 GB of RAM, although 2 GB will make the work faster
· A minimum of 2 GB of free disk space
· Android SDK for Eclipse
· Android Simulator
- Getting Started: Go to the official Android site: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and download the SDK pack for the operating system you are using. Install the SDK file by running Setup exe file. It is always recommended to have a copy of the installation in another drive. This will save your time and you can always use the back-up during contingencies.
- Initiate the development process: Once you have completed downloads and installations, restart the Android SDK. Another alternative is to re-boot the computer. Click on “getting started” link when Android opens. Click on File>New Project>Android Project. Enter the name of the project. Please note that you should not enter the application name. Select build target and enter the name of the application, the package name, and SDK versions in appropriate boxes. Click on “Finish”. Go to “Resources” and click on the link “Hello World” and copy the source code. Now you are ready to develop your application. Once the application is completed you can run it on the Emulator.
- Test your application: Your application may run fine on the Emulator; but you will need to test it on a mobile device to be sure that it works properly. Small problems can affect the popularity of the application. Hence, it is advisable to buy or borrow a mobile device and check your application several times. This will help you in improving the product and eradicate bugs from the application.
J2ME Mobile Application Development has become very popular amongst J2ME programmers. If you wish to learn more about J2ME Android Application Development contact an experienced Java Application Development company now at: [email protected]. We are renowned for Rapid Application Development and Liferay Web Application Development. Some of our Java based programming services include:
· J2ME Web Application Development
· J2EE Application Development
· J2EE Software Development
· Java Application Maintenance
· Liferay Portal Framework
· JSF Web Application